own mark in
The first thing that we need to know in filmmaking is the importance and complexity of the narrative. A story is the primary level of a narrative.
Learning the art and craft of Script Writing enables the students to understand and implement a structure and have the mindset necessary to develop a script with the details of the language that a film uses.
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
Mr. Arvind Ranjan Das
Head of Department
- 25+ Years of Industry Experience.
- Over a decade of Filmmaking at Mumbai Film Academy.
- Writer & Director of Hindi Feature Films- ‘Ghazab Nagariya’, produced by Antarang and ‘System’, produced by Jhamu Sughand Production.
- Producer & Director of TV Shows, ‘Hollywood se Bollywood’ on Zee TV, ‘Request Your Best’ and ‘Sargam Sadabahar’ on Doordarshan.
- Arvind was also the Senior Director of Care World and ATN Channel.
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London.
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films.
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary.
Mr. Ashok Jankar
Head of Department for Script Writing
- Diploma in Filmmaking from Digital Academy, Mumbai.
- Professional Screenwriting Experience across TV and Film Formats.
- Worked at Design Street, Blue Frog Media Pvt. Ltd., and Real Channel Turner Entertainment Group.
Mr. B. K. Kiron Kumar
Member of Faculty for Script Writing
- Directed various Films and Tele Films like ‘Abhi Aayudham’ and ‘Bhadram Koduko’.
- Directed Theatre Plays like ‘Gograhanam’, ‘Idi Sangathi’, ‘Naa Laaga Endaro’, ’Pachani Samsaram’ etc.
- Worked as a dubbing artist in many movies such as ‘Anaganagaoka Roju’, ‘Sindooram’, ‘Master and Hitler’.
- Kiran has acted in a lead role for serials like ‘Veedani Needanu’, ‘Pranaya Prabandham’, ‘Aakrandana’, and many more.
What you learn is the language and format of writing. In the script writing course your work will be read by the faculty and feedback will be given to you in detail. Getting your script read to be considered for a Film- all depends on the quality of your writing, your career credentials and much more. You are taking the first step and we congratulate you for that.
At Annapurna College we follow a liberal arts approach for teaching the art of Filmmaking and our program covers key aspects such as Film Appreciation, Participating in and Curating Film Festivals as well as cultivating the ability for Informed and Educated Film Reviewing & Critiquing.
Films require a lot of capital and very large teams of people to work together. Producers want to hire people for these teams whom they can be sure of with credentials- due to plagiarism, legal cases and claims from fraudsters. Our courses ensure you can find work and know how to work well in teams. Our placement team will connect you to production houses recruiting new talent and trained crews. When you start working with experienced teams, you begin understanding the various audiences and their favoured platforms, and only then you will be able to understand how to write and what to pitch to whom.
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org