own mark in
There are essentially six phases to any film – from conception to final product – development, pre-production, production, post-production, distribution and exhibition. These phases represent the putting together and coming together of all elements necessary to the making of a film. Students who choose to specialise in the Department of Production learn the skills and mindset essential to successfully navigate the film from one phase to another.
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
Bikas Mishra, founder of DearCinema.com was on the Annapurna College campus recently to give our MMBA students a masterclass in international co-productions, independent film financing,
Mr. Arvind Ranjan Das
Head of Department
- 25+ Years of Industry Experience
- Over a decade of Filmmaking at Mumbai Film Academy
- Writer & Director of Hindi Feature Films- ‘Ghazab Nagariya’, produced by Antarang and ‘System’, produced by Jhamu Sughand Production
- Producer & Director of TV Shows, ‘Hollywood se Bollywood’ on Zee TV, ‘Request Your Best’ and ‘Sargam Sadabahar’ on Doordarshan
- Arvind was also the Senior Director of Care World and ATN Channel
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary
Mr. Amit Prasad
Member of Faculty for Production
- Associate of Science in Film (Screenwriting and Direction) from the Los Angeles Film School
- Worked as a Script Supervisor and Distribution Executive at various Production houses like More Media, Los Angeles; Eclectic Pictures, California, Vuguru Productions, California and Applied Art Productions, California
- Has established an Independent Production Company Videlo Pictures, Hollywood and was also its Writer and Producer
- Trained under American film industry stalwarts like Michael Eisner (ex-Disney President), Darren Lynn Bousman. (Director, Saw 2) and Brett Leonard (Director, Lawnmower Man) in the art of Story Development and Screen Writing
The students will learn all aspects of film business including distribution, the function of sales agents and exhibition on theatrical and on new-age platforms. They will also do research on the distribution scenarios in local, national and international regions. The changing landscape of the film and media industry in terms of distribution makes it a very interesting and important topic for students of film business to study. We are also in talks with NFDC, Producers Guild of India and FFO to conduct workshops on producing and distribution. We have guest lectures with local and international distributors and exhibitors who conduct case studies on these topics.
The students will get a lot of on-set experience on Annapurna College projects first and will then proceed to work as Production Assistants on commissioned projects with Arka, ASPL and other production companies.
We have a partnership with CELTX on their full production toolkit (Includes script editor, script breakdown, scheduling, budgeting, call sheets, shot list etc.) which we receive at a 90% discount. CELTX is used by a lot of international production companies and line producers for their production planning.
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org