own mark in
The first thing that we need to know in filmmaking is the importance and complexity of the narrative. A story is the primary level of a narrative.
Learning the art and craft of Script Writing enables the students to understand and implement a structure and have the mindset necessary to develop a script with the details of the language that a film uses.
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
Hone your skills and explore best script writing courses in India. The art and craft of writing a script for the mass media such as
Professor and HOD - Direction
- Award winning Filmmaker, Film Academician and Film Appreciator with over three decades of experience in making feature length films, documentaries – short and long, Fictional short films and T.V. programs, teaching, writing criticism and the theoretical aspects about it.
- Conducted workshops at FTII (Pune), Whistling Woods International (Mumbai), LV Prasad Film Institute (Chennai), Sarojini Naidu School of Communication(Hyderabad) among others.
- Selection Committee member for commissioning of Documentaries and short films for Films Division (FD), Samaj Pragati Sahayog (SPS), Madhya Pradesh; Language and Culture Department (LAC), Government of Himachal Pradesh; and Rough Cut Committee at Films Division
- Chairman, Jury and pre-selection jury at various film festivals.
Ms. Alka Singh
Member of Faculty for Script Writing
- A filmmaker, editor and producer.
- Studied film direction at Satyajit Ray Film and TV Institute and editing at École Internationale de Création Audiovisuelle et de Réalisation (EICAR), Paris.
- Edited and co-produced with NHK Japan, a feature documentary about comics subcultures in Tokyo,‘The Fragile Heart of Moé’ (2010).
- Produced a documentary’ Rome was not built in a Day’ (2016).
- Has taught Direction and Screenplay writing at MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Film and television Institute of India and Flame University
Member of Faculty for Direction
- A filmmaker, writer, editor, researcher and an academician.
- Studied Direction and Screenplay Writing from Film and Television Institute of India and Master of Arts, Film Studies, Jadavpur University.
- His film ‘Bhumigat’, won the Special Jury Prize at Indian film festival of Bhubaneshwar, 2019.
- Has been actively involved as an editor and associate on a documentary film, Toward Happy Alleys, which reflects on the condition of women in Iran.
- Chief Assistant Director of a French Production named ’Kolkata, 8:30a.m.’, directed by Adriano Valerio, Associate Director in ‘A knock on the door’, directed by Ranjan Palit, currently editing a documentary on ‘Tiger Widows in Sunderban’ while working on a feature length script.
- Has conducted various workshops on Direction and Editing
- Interests include humane stories and folktales.
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London.
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films.
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary.
Dr. B. K. Kiron Kumar
Member of Faculty for Script Writing
- Directed various Films and Tele Films like ‘Abhi Aayudham’ and ‘Bhadram Koduko’.
- Directed Theatre Plays like ‘Gograhanam’, ‘Idi Sangathi’, ‘Naa Laaga Endaro’, ’Pachani Samsaram’ etc.
- Worked as a dubbing artist in many movies such as ‘Anaganagaoka Roju’, ‘Sindooram’, ‘Master and Hitler’.
- Kiran has acted in a lead role for serials like ‘Veedani Needanu’, ‘Pranaya Prabandham’, ‘Aakrandana’, and many more.
What you learn is the language and format of writing. In the script writing course your work will be read by the faculty and feedback will be given to you in detail. Getting your script read to be considered for a Film- all depends on the quality of your writing, your career credentials and much more. You are taking the first step and we congratulate you for that.
At Annapurna College we follow a liberal arts approach for teaching the art of Filmmaking and our program covers key aspects such as Film Appreciation, Participating in and Curating Film Festivals as well as cultivating the ability for Informed and Educated Film Reviewing & Critiquing.
Films require a lot of capital and very large teams of people to work together. Producers want to hire people for these teams whom they can be sure of with credentials- due to plagiarism, legal cases and claims from fraudsters. Our courses ensure you can find work and know how to work well in teams. Our placement team will connect you to production houses recruiting new talent and trained crews. When you start working with experienced teams, you begin understanding the various audiences and their favoured platforms, and only then you will be able to understand how to write and what to pitch to whom.
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com