MA (Film & Media)
Major in Direction and Script Writing
Give Form to Your Own Idea. A screenplay forms the blueprint- it is the stage after which all other aspects of filmmaking come into being. While the script determines the logical outline, it is the Director who gives it the required form.
This program is best suited for students who have strong writing skills, are aspiring to be independent filmmakers and are keen to learn the nuances of Filmmaking process; specifically the key elements of impactful Script Writing required for Films, Television and other Media Platforms. This learning when blended with formal training in Film & Media Direction helps students to truly write and make a Film of their choice.
The MA (Film & Media) – Major in Direction and Script Writing Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- Build Critical Thinking Skills required for an advanced study in the field of Film and Media
- Explore Various Aspects of Filmmaking
- Learn the basics of the preferred area of specialisation
Explore Core Subjects
Delve deeper into the preferred area of specialisation:
- Key elements of dramatic writing for Films, Television and other Media platforms
- Exploring key principles as expressed in various films, and application of these concepts
- Videos, articles, script analysis, practical exercises and discussion
Continue with Liberal Arts Education.
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
MA (Film & Media) – Major in Direction and Script Writing will help students:
- Build Technical Skills
- Get Project-based Experiential Learning in the area of specialisation
- Gain wider exposure to a wide range of media
Upon completion of the course, students have the option of entering the industry through our placement office, freelancing, or continuing with their post-graduate education. They can also follow the path of Entrepreneurship.
Mr. Arvind Ranjan Das
Head of Department
- 25+ Years of Industry Experience.
- Over a decade of Filmmaking at Mumbai Film Academy.
- Writer & Director of Hindi Feature Films- ‘Ghazab Nagariya’, produced by Antarang and ‘System’, produced by Jhamu Sughand Production.
- Producer & Director of TV Shows, ‘Hollywood se Bollywood’ on Zee TV, ‘Request Your Best’ and ‘Sargam Sadabahar’ on Doordarshan.
- Arvind was also the Senior Director of Care World and ATN Channel.
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London.
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films.
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary.
Mr. Ashok Jankar
Head of Department for Script Writing
- Diploma in Filmmaking from Digital Academy, Mumbai.
- Professional Screenwriting Experience across TV and Film Formats.
- Worked at Design Street, Blue Frog Media Pvt. Ltd., and Real Channel Turner Entertainment Group.
Dr. B. K. Kiron Kumar
Member of Faculty for Script Writing
- Directed various Films and Tele Films like ‘Abhi Aayudham’ and ‘Bhadram Koduko’
- Directed Theatre Plays like ‘Gograhanam’, ‘Idi Sangathi’, ‘Naa Laaga Endaro’, ’Pachani Samsaram’ etc.
- Worked as a dubbing artist in many movies such as ‘Anaganagaoka Roju’, ‘Sindooram’, ‘Master and Hitler’
- Kiran has acted in a lead role for serials like ‘Veedani Needanu’, ‘Pranaya Prabandham’, ‘Aakrandana’, and many more
Member of Faculty for Film Studies
- MA (Literature), English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad
- PhD (English), University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles
- 6 years experience with undergraduate teaching in liberal arts, writing, and literature. Also has a background in journalism.
- Believes budding filmmakers need as much practice thinking through questions of representation and social justice as they do learning technical skills and uses a humanities-based approach to cultivate critical and analytical thinking skills in students.
- Chinmayi teaches courses in visual culture, storytelling, literature in translation, adaptation, and creative writing.
- She also serves on the Graduate Film Committee.
Member of Faculty for Film Studies
- Teaches media theory and media research.
- Currently pursuing his Phd at the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad.
- Prior to joining the Department as a researcher, he was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, St Francis College for Women, Hyderabad.
- Among other ventures, he has worked with the Solution Exchange Program of the United Nations Development Program, New Delhi as a Research Assistant for the ICT4D Community.
What you learn is the language and format of writing. In the script writing course your work will be read by the faculty and feedback will be given to you in detail. Getting your script read to be considered for a Film- all depends on the quality of your writing, your career credentials and much more. You are taking the first step and we congratulate you for that.
At Annapurna College we follow a liberal arts approach for teaching the art of Filmmaking and our program covers key aspects such as Film Appreciation, Participating in and Curating Film Festivals as well as cultivating the ability for Informed and Educated Film Reviewing & Critiquing.
Films require a lot of capital and very large teams of people to work together. Producers want to hire people for these teams whom they can be sure of with credentials- due to plagiarism, legal cases and claims from fraudsters. Our courses ensure you can find work and know how to work well in teams. Our placement team will connect you to production houses recruiting new talent and trained crews. When you start working with experienced teams, you begin understanding the various audiences and their favoured platforms, and only then you will be able to understand how to write and what to pitch to whom.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s Degree in any field with 2-3 years of industry experience or
Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication / Visual Communication or
A Degree in a related discipline, with minimum marks of 50%.
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview.
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com