BA (Honors) Visual Arts
Major in Photography & Digital Imaging
Photography is about capturing the right moment at the right time. It is also about effectively leveraging the elements of design, blending it with the principles of art learned and gathered through years of education and evaluation. Photography requires the understanding and skill to communicate a specific perspective to the world.
This program seeks to develop the technical and aesthetic competence of students by exposing them to various aspects of the theory, history and practice of Photography and Digital Imaging.
The BA (Honors) Visual Arts – Major in Photography & Digital Imaging Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- Evolution of Photography
- Foundation of Photography
- History of Photography
- Focus on Aesthetics of Visuals
- Fundamentals of Light, Composition, Aesthetics and its Compositions
- Focus on different types of Compositions
Explore Core Subjects
- Traditional methods of Color Photography
- Film Processing Technology
- Utilization of Color Theory and Psychology in Photographs
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
BA (Honors) Visual Arts – Major in Photography & Digital Imaging will help students understand the following:
- Beauty Shots, Portraits, Hair, Make-Up, Life Style and character portraits
- Field trips and Workshops on Still Life, Product, Food, Landscapes, Advertising and Architecture
- Understanding how different Color Spaces, Color Gamut and Resizing of Data
- Understanding different types of Paper Surfaces, Print Workflows and how Print Technology works
*During the course of their studies, students develop their professional portfolio.
Upon completion of the course, students have the option of entering the industry through our placement office, freelancing, or continuing with their post-graduate education. They can also follow the path of Entrepreneurship.
Across Industry Verticals – Film, Media, News, Entertainment and Fashion
Mr. Srikanth Nippatla
Member of Faculty for Photography and Digital Imaging
- Over 20+ years of experience as a Consultant, Faculty, Photographer, Image Creator, Graphic Designer and Visual Communications Specialist
- Worked with the best photographers in the industry like Prabhakar Kusuma/Arvind Chenji etc.
- He has worked as faculty at ICFAI, conducted workshops and sessions on photography and printmaking at ICAT and held photography exhibitions worldwide
Member of Faculty for Film Studies
- MA (Literature), English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad
- PhD (English), University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles
- 6 years experience with undergraduate teaching in liberal arts, writing, and literature. Also has a background in journalism.
- Believes budding filmmakers need as much practice thinking through questions of representation and social justice as they do learning technical skills and uses a humanities-based approach to cultivate critical and analytical thinking skills in students.
- Chinmayi teaches courses in visual culture, storytelling, literature in translation, adaptation, and creative writing.
- She also serves on the Graduate Film Committee.
Member of Faculty for Film Studies
- Teaches media theory and media research.
- Currently pursuing his Phd at the Department of Communication, University of Hyderabad.
- Prior to joining the Department as a researcher, he was an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, St Francis College for Women, Hyderabad.
- Among other ventures, he has worked with the Solution Exchange Program of the United Nations Development Program, New Delhi as a Research Assistant for the ICT4D Community.
Photography becomes seasonal when we learn photography under a single photographer and by attending a few workshops. Career opportunities get limited to being an Event Photographer. The Annapurna College program covers a large number of topics and skills for learning the art and craft of Photography and Digital Imaging. During the course of this program, students engage with industry leading experts, get better understanding of the theoretical concepts and learn to apply their knowledge by getting involved in Practical Projects, attending Workshops, Field Trips and Industrial Tours. The program covers all key aspects of Photography and Digital Imaging- Commercial Photography, Photojournalism, Fine Art Photography, Advertising Photography, Product Photography, Food Photography, Fashion Photography, Industrial Photography, Digital Imaging which enables you to have a successful career. We have workshops and internships done by Nikon, Profoto, Adobe, Ritam Bannerjee, Satya Prasad etc. to name a few.
Once the student successfully completes the internship he or she can become Commercial Photographer, Photojournalist, Fine Art Photographer, Advertising Photographer, Product Photographer, Food Photographer, Fashion Photographer, Industrial Photographer, Photography Instructor, Digital Imaging Specialist, Freelance Photographer.
Your work will be showcased in our Annual Talent Festival along with the work of other students. It is usually held inside Annapurna Studios. You are more than welcome to tag along all your guests for the festival to showcase your talent.
Once you successfully complete the Course (including Internship) and build an amazing portfolio with all your photography and digital imaging, the options are absolutely infinite. Wildlife or Marine are a very small branch of Photography. Once you successfully complete the course in Photography you actually will know what is what. You can use your Photography skills to do what you want. Yes, we have many NGOs like WWF, HyTiCoS ( Hyderabad Tiger Conservation Society) who seek interns to work with them.
Once you build a strong portfolio, it can be widely showcased to top-line Agencies, Media Houses, Print Production Houses and large Corporates, thus paving the way for an enriching career in the field of Digital Imaging.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: 12th Standard / 10+2 in any stream with minimum marks of 50%
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com