BA (Honors) Visual Arts
Major in Animation & VFX
This program is designed to provide students with a full range of conceptual and practical skills, to teach them how to think critically about their chosen mediums. The program helps students evolve in their artistic journey as they experiment with different forms of cinematic expression.
The BA (Honors) Visual Arts – Major in Animation & VFX Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- Principles of Life Drawing
- Principles and Concepts of Colour and Design
- Incorporating elements such as Key Frame Animation, Storyboard, Character
- Design, Background Design
Principles of 2D Animation
Explore Core Subjects
- Fundamental tools and techniques for Organic and Inorganic Modelling via 3D Applications
- Importance of Topology for Character Modelling and Hard Surface Modelling Techniques
- Principles and Illumination Techniques using 3D Application
*On completion of Asset Design, students move to rigging & animation, create solid skeletal structure and facial controls.
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
BA (Honors) Visual Arts – Major in Animation & VFX will help students understand the following:
- Fundamentals of Node-based Compositing
- Applications of key compositing skills
- Match move
*During the course of their studies, students develop their professional portfolio.
Upon completion of the course, students have the option of entering the industry through our placement office, freelancing, or continuing with their post-graduate education. They can also follow the path of Entrepreneurship.
Mr. Siva Pavan
Head of Department
- Has a qualification in Computer Science & Diploma in Animation & VFX from MUV Institute of Digital Arts
- Worked with MAAC & Frameboxx as a Technical Head for various regions and has handled various commercial 3D and Gaming Projects
- He has worked on a National Award-winning film titled Kanji, starring Chiranjeevi
Mr. Vivek Pandey
Member of Faculty for VFX and Animation
- He teaches Basic and Advanced Drawing, Conceptual Art, Perspective, Storyboard layout design, Portfolio, Key Frame Animation and a lot more
- Vivek is a Gold Medalist in Bachelor of Fine Arts, Indira Kala Sangeet University, Chhattisgarh
- He has worked at DQ Entertainment International Ltd as a Professional Trainer, Animator, Quality Controller and Concept Designer
The animation industry in India is expected to grow at a pace faster than the IT industry. Animation as a career option is a field where you can fulfill your dream of "enjoy-as-you-work", feel satisfied at the end of your day and get appreciated by your clients as well. A College Degree is very helpful to ensure multiple career pathways. Animation, VFX, Gaming and Comics (AVGC) sector of India is set to grow further.
Animation itself is an industry, and it has a speedy growth. It is an interesting and creative career option with opportunities both with government as well as private sector enterprises. Work opportunities for quality Animators and related professionals like Graphic Designer, Multimedia Developer and Game Developer, Character Designers, Key Frame Animators, 3D Modelers, Layout Artists etc. exists in following sectors at large-
- Online and Print News Media
- Film & Television
- Animation Production House
- VFX Production House
- Video Gaming
Short Courses help with skill enhancement. It provides a way to pick up a new skill, get well-acquainted with a subject and learn new-age techniques. The Degree course provides the opportunity to explore each and every step in the process of Production. It also gives students the opportunity to work on projects. During the 3-year program, the students attend various master-classes and workshops & engage with various industry experts.
Drawing is the subject which will open the path for them to explore other departmental work proficiencies. Drawing creates a solid base which can provide the ability of the student to create or design almost anything and everything which can help them to communicate their ideas or tell their stories. Apart from Drawing, students will learn other subjects like- Color Design, History of Animation, Life Drawing, Colour and Design. It introduces the students to the principles of Life Drawing by exploring the observation of the human and animal form. Colour Design enables students to produce successful visuals through an in-depth study of the elements, principles, concepts of colour and design. The program incorporates elements such as Key Frame Animation, Storyboard, Character Design, Background Design & Principles of 2D Animation.
Portfolio is important to know the strengths and passion of the candidate towards animation and VFX. Our creative assignments during the course help you build an impressive portfolio for your career also.
All leading Image-based Applications, Traditional and Digital 2D Animation Applications, 3D & VFX applications, Layer & Node-based Applications for high-end Compositing.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: 12th Standard / 10+2 in any stream with minimum marks of 50%
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com