BA (Honors) Film & Media
Major in Direction and Script Writing
Every film starts with a script and script writing is not just telling stories. It involves the ability to tell a story in a way that can be visually captured. A good script has an emotional core – something that is important to the author and the audience is able to relate to. Good writing involves an imagination to think of unique narratives, the skill to capture the conflict, and the ability to hold the interest and curiosity of the audience.
The BA (Honors) Film & Media – Major in Direction and Script Writing Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- History of Cinema
- Film Studies
- Storytelling and Creative writing
- Photography & Psychology
- Imparting the basics tools of Filmmaking techniques such as Edit, Cine, Sound etc.
- Creative Screenwriting,
- Direction and Production
Explore Core Subjects
- Sound Recording and Designing
- Direction in addition to Advertising, Digital Marketing and Acting fundamentals.
*Having explored their respective majors the students are now ready for an advanced study of their specialisation subjects in the third year
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
The BA (Honors) degree in Direction and Script Writing will help students to explore the following:
- Elements of Screenwriting
- The Art of ‘The Pitch’
- Writing for Short Films/Documentaries/
Feature Films / Television / OTT
*Students will need to work on, and enable their skills on critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and reading. The course will help the students to work with their idea(s), put a structure around it, create and build characters, and finally introduce and resolve conflict through dialogue.
The focus is mainly on projects and getting the relevant exposure in the chosen industry.
*Depending on their chosen specialization the students also get to focus on their portfolios or research project & internships (as applicable).
Upon completion of the course, students have the option of entering the industry through our placement office, freelancing, or continuing with their post-graduate education. They can also follow the path of Entrepreneurship.
Mr. Arvind Ranjan Das
Head of Department
- 25+ Years of Industry Experience.
- Over a decade of Filmmaking at Mumbai Film Academy.
- Writer & Director of Hindi Feature Films- ‘Ghazab Nagariya’, produced by Antarang and ‘System’, produced by Jhamu Sughand Production.
- Producer & Director of TV Shows, ‘Hollywood se Bollywood’ on Zee TV, ‘Request Your Best’ and ‘Sargam Sadabahar’ on Doordarshan.
- Arvind was also the Senior Director of Care World and ATN Channel.
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London.
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films.
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary.
Mr. Ashok Jankar
Head of Department for Script Writing
- Diploma in Filmmaking from Digital Academy, Mumbai.
- Professional Screenwriting Experience across TV and Film Formats.
- Worked at Design Street, Blue Frog Media Pvt. Ltd., and Real Channel Turner Entertainment Group.
Mr. B. K. Kiron Kumar
Member of Faculty for Script Writing
- Directed various Films and Tele Films like ‘Abhi Aayudham’ and ‘Bhadram Koduko’
- Directed Theatre Plays like ‘Gograhanam’, ‘Idi Sangathi’, ‘Naa Laaga Endaro’, ’Pachani Samsaram’ etc.
- Worked as a dubbing artist in many movies such as ‘Anaganagaoka Roju’, ‘Sindooram’, ‘Master and Hitler’
- Kiran has acted in a lead role for serials like ‘Veedani Needanu’, ‘Pranaya Prabandham’, ‘Aakrandana’, and many more
What you learn is the language and format of writing. In the script writing course your work will be read by the faculty and feedback will be given to you in detail. Getting your script read to be considered for a Film- all depends on the quality of your writing, your career credentials and much more. You are taking the first step and we congratulate you for that.
At Annapurna College we follow a liberal arts approach for teaching the art of Filmmaking and our program covers key aspects such as Film Appreciation, Participating in and Curating Film Festivals as well as cultivating the ability for Informed and Educated Film Reviewing & Critiquing.
Films require a lot of capital and very large teams of people to work together. Producers want to hire people for these teams whom they can be sure of with credentials- due to plagiarism, legal cases and claims from fraudsters. Our courses ensure you can find work and know how to work well in teams. Our placement team will connect you to production houses recruiting new talent and trained crews. When you start working with experienced teams, you begin understanding the various audiences and their favoured platforms, and only then you will be able to understand how to write and what to pitch to whom.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: 12th Standard / 10+2 in any stream with minimum marks of 50%
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com