BA (Honors) Film & Media
Major in Direction and Production
The role of a Producer is one that requires the skills and the maturity to understand and work with people who are involved in the Creative and the Technical divisions of Filmmaking. A producer is responsible for bringing together a team that can create a work of art, enable its production, source the money for not only production; but also, distribution, and ensure the film is widely marketed.
The BA (Honors) Film & Media – Major in Direction and Production Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- History of Cinema
- Film Studies
- Storytelling and Creative writing
- Photography & Psychology
- Imparting the basics tools of Filmmaking techniques such as Edit, Cine, Sound etc.
- Creative Screenwriting,
- Direction and Production
Explore Core Subjects
- Sound Recording and Designing
- Direction in addition to Advertising, Digital Marketing and Acting fundamentals.
*Having explored their respective majors the students are now ready for an advanced study of their specialisation subjects in the third year
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
The BA (Honors) Film & Media- Major in Direction and Production will help students understand the following:
- Skills required for working with writers at the time of script development
- Producing for Short Films vs. Feature Films vs. TV vs. OTT – An understanding of all the mediums and the differences therein
- Film Finance and Budgeting
- Line Production Essentials
- Production Design
- Film Distribution
*Students will need to work on, and enable their skills on critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and reading.
The focus is mainly on projects and getting the relevant exposure in the chosen industry.
*Depending on their chosen specialization the students also get to focus on their portfolios or research project & internships (as applicable).
Upon completion of the course, students have the option of entering the industry through our placement office, freelancing, or continuing with their post-graduate education. They can also follow the path of Entrepreneurship.
Mr. Arvind Ranjan Das
Head of Department
- 25+ Years of Industry Experience
- Over a decade of Filmmaking at Mumbai Film Academy
- Writer & Director of Hindi Feature Films- ‘Ghazab Nagariya’, produced by Antarang and ‘System’, produced by Jhamu Sughand Production
- Producer & Director of TV Shows, ‘Hollywood se Bollywood’ on Zee TV, ‘Request Your Best’ and ‘Sargam Sadabahar’ on Doordarshan
- Arvind was also the Senior Director of Care World and ATN Channel
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary
Mr. Amit Prasad
Member of Faculty for Production
- Associate of Science in Film (Screenwriting and Direction) from the Los Angeles Film School
- Worked as a Script Supervisor and Distribution Executive at various Production houses like More Media, Los Angeles; Eclectic Pictures, California, Vuguru Productions, California and Applied Art Productions, California
- Has established an Independent Production Company Videlo Pictures, Hollywood and was also its Writer and Producer
- Trained under American film industry stalwarts like Michael Eisner (ex-Disney President), Darren Lynn Bousman. (Director, Saw 2) and Brett Leonard (Director, Lawnmower Man) in the art of Story Development and Screen Writing
The students will learn all aspects of film business including distribution, the function of sales agents and exhibition on theatrical and on new-age platforms. They will also do research on the distribution scenarios in local, national and international regions. The changing landscape of the film and media industry in terms of distribution makes it a very interesting and important topic for students of film business to study. We are also in talks with NFDC, Producers Guild of India and FFO to conduct workshops on producing and distribution. We have guest lectures with local and international distributors and exhibitors who conduct case studies on these topics.
The students will get a lot of on-set experience on Annapurna College projects first and will then proceed to work as Production Assistants on commissioned projects with Arka, ASPL and other production companies.
We have a partnership with CELTX on their full production toolkit (Includes script editor, script breakdown, scheduling, budgeting, call sheets, shot list etc.) which we receive at a 90% discount. CELTX is used by a lot of international production companies and line producers for their production planning.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: 12th Standard / 10+2 in any stream with minimum marks of 50%
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org