BA (Honors) Film & Media
Major in Direction and Production
The role of a Producer is one that requires the skills and the maturity to understand and work with people who are involved in the Creative and the Technical divisions of Filmmaking. A producer is responsible for bringing together a team that can create a work of art, enable its production, source the money for not only production; but also, distribution, and ensure the film is widely marketed.
The BA (Honors) Film & Media – Major in Direction and Production Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Annapurna College has one of the best Film Director courses in India. To know more about these Course, please write to us or call 1800 572 4736.
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- History of Cinema
- Film Studies
- Storytelling and Creative writing
- Photography & Psychology
- Imparting the basics tools of Filmmaking techniques such as Edit, Cine, Sound etc.
- Creative Screenwriting,
- Direction and Production
Explore Core Subjects
- Sound Recording and Designing
- Direction in addition to Advertising, Digital Marketing and Acting fundamentals.
*Having explored their respective majors the students are now ready for an advanced study of their specialisation subjects in the third year
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
The BA (Honors) Film & Media- Major in Direction and Production will help students understand the following:
- Skills required for working with writers at the time of script development
- Producing for Short Films vs. Feature Films vs. TV vs. OTT – An understanding of all the mediums and the differences therein
- Film Finance and Budgeting
- Line Production Essentials
- Production Design
- Film Distribution
*Students will need to work on, and enable their skills on critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and reading.
The focus is mainly on projects and getting the relevant exposure in the chosen industry.
*Depending on their chosen specialization the students also get to focus on their portfolios or research project & internships (as applicable).
Upon completion of the course, students have the option of entering the industry through our placement office, freelancing, or continuing with their post-graduate education. They can also follow the path of Entrepreneurship.
Member of Faculty for Direction
- A filmmaker, writer, editor, researcher and an academician.
- Studied Direction and Screenplay Writing from Film and Television Institute of India and Master of Arts, Film Studies, Jadavpur University.
- His film ‘Bhumigat’, won the Special Jury Prize at Indian film festival of Bhubaneshwar, 2019.
- Has been actively involved as an editor and associate on a documentary film, Toward Happy Alleys, which reflects on the condition of women in Iran.
- Chief Assistant Director of a French Production named ’Kolkata, 8:30a.m.’, directed by Adriano Valerio, Associate Director in ‘A knock on the door’, directed by Ranjan Palit, currently editing a documentary on ‘Tiger Widows in Sunderban’ while working on a feature length script.
- Has conducted various workshops on Direction and Editing
- Interests include humane stories and folktales.
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary
Mr. Amit Prasad
Member of Faculty for Production
- Accomplished, Multilingual Professional equipped with in-depth theoretical and practical experience in the art and functioning of the International Film Industry.
- Trained under American Film Industry Stalwarts like Michael Eisner (Ex-Disney President), Darren Lynn Bousman (Director, Saw 2), Brett Leonard (Director, Lawnmower Man), Valerie Mccaffrey (Producer, American History X), Suresh Babu Daggubati (Drishyam 2, Oh Baby!) in the art of Story Development, Screenwriting, Producing and Film Production.
- Has served as creative producer on ‘Drishyam 2’ and other major films in collaboration with Suresh Productions, Guru Films, Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- Actively consults as Creative Producer and Script Consultant in the industry.
- Has advanced knowledge of concept development, production planning, production execution using both Western and Indian techniques and practices.
- Has developed multiple case studies that serve as learning material for the course and mentors the graduation film program in the college. Successfully mentored graduation film ‘Benchi’ to a semi-final nomination at the Student Academy Awards 2021.
Member of Faculty for Film Studies
- MA (Literature), English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad
- PhD (English), University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles
- 6 years experience with undergraduate teaching in liberal arts, writing, and literature. Also has a background in journalism.
- Believes budding filmmakers need as much practice thinking through questions of representation and social justice as they do learning technical skills and uses a humanities-based approach to cultivate critical and analytical thinking skills in students.
- Chinmayi teaches courses in visual culture, storytelling, literature in translation, adaptation, and creative writing.
- She also serves on the Graduate Film Committee.
Member of Faculty for Liberal Arts
- MA (Communication), Sarojini Naidu School of Communication, University of Hyderabad.
- Pursuing PhD at the Department of Communication, Sarojini Naidu School of Communication, University of Hyderabad, working on Community Radio in South India.
- Seven years of combined experience working in the Communication industries and teaching.
- Has worked with the Solution Exchange Program of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), New Delhi as a Research Assistant for the ICT4D Community.
- Started academic career as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, St Francis College for Women, Hyderabad.
- Believes in the emancipatory power of education and strives to contribute to the well-being of the society by fostering democratic dialogue, critical thinking and informed action.
- Teaches courses in media theory, culture studies, contemporary political history, political economy of media industries, Social theory and Media Research.
- Vice-Chairperson of the Participatory Communication Research Section (PCR) of the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR)
The students will learn all aspects of film business including distribution, the function of sales agents and exhibition on theatrical and on new-age platforms. They will also do research on the distribution scenarios in local, national and international regions. The changing landscape of the film and media industry in terms of distribution makes it a very interesting and important topic for students of film business to study. We are also in talks with NFDC, Producers Guild of India and FFO to conduct workshops on producing and distribution. We have guest lectures with local and international distributors and exhibitors who conduct case studies on these topics.
The students will get a lot of on-set experience on Annapurna College projects first and will then proceed to work as Production Assistants on commissioned projects with Arka, ASPL and other production companies.
We have a partnership with CELTX on their full production toolkit (Includes script editor, script breakdown, scheduling, budgeting, call sheets, shot list etc.) which we receive at a 90% discount. CELTX is used by a lot of international production companies and line producers for their production planning.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: 12th Standard / 10+2 in any stream with minimum marks of 50%
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com