BA (Honors) Film & Media
Major in Direction and Advertising & Digital Marketing
The Direction and Advertising & Digital Marketing professionals have a unique and specific role to play in the world of Entertainment. At Annapurna College, students learn about art of Direction combined with Advertising & Marketing principles. The students are taught how to create and manage media campaigns which are essential for films.
Today, the global film industry is heavily dependent on New and Advanced Marketing Techniques for promoting their films to a target audience. We offer a unique curriculum that prepares the student for a wide variety of careers in Advertising and related industry.
The BA (Honors) Film & Media – Major in in Direction and Advertising & Digital Marketing Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Join Annapurna College of Film and Media to Further Your Career.
- History of Cinema
- Film Studies
- Storytelling and Creative writing
- Photography & Psychology
- Imparting the basics tools of Filmmaking techniques such as Edit, Cine, Sound etc.
- Creative Screenwriting,
- Direction and Production
Explore Core Subjects
- Sound Recording and Designing
- Direction in addition to Advertising, Digital Marketing and Acting fundamentals.
*Having explored their respective majors the students are now ready for an advanced study of their specialisation subjects in the third year
Advanced Study in the Area of Specialisation
The BA (Honors) Film & Media- Major in Direction and Advertising & Digital Marketing will help students understand the following:
- Learn about the world of Advertising, Online Social Media and the dependence of the industry on both of these
- Understand the industry that they are operating in
- Acquaint themselves with the process and build skills on making an ad film. Work on projects to support productions in college and as part of internships
*Students will need to work on, and enable their skills on critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and reading.
The focus is mainly on projects and getting the relevant exposure in the chosen industry.
*Depending on their chosen specialization the students also get to focus on their portfolios or research project & internships (as applicable).
The BA (Honors) Film & Media – Major in Advertising and Digital Marketing Program offered at Annapurna College is affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU).
Mr. Arvind Ranjan Das
Head of Department
- 25+ Years of Industry Experience
- Over a decade of Filmmaking at Mumbai Film Academy
- Writer & Director of Hindi Feature Films- ‘Ghazab Nagariya’, produced by Antarang and ‘System’, produced by Jhamu Sughand Production
- Producer & Director of TV Shows, ‘Hollywood se Bollywood’ on Zee TV, ‘Request Your Best’ and ‘Sargam Sadabahar’ on Doordarshan
- Arvind was also the Senior Director of Care World and ATN Channel
Mr. Zaid Ali Khan
Member of Faculty for Film Direction
- Alumnus Central Film School, London
- Successfully released his first Feature Film, ‘Khwaabb’ in 2014 and has worked on several award-winning documentaries and corporate films
- His recent international collaborations include work with The Economist, UK and a Canadian Netflix Documentary
Mr. Anand Kumar Jaiswal
Member of Faculty for Advertising & Digital Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communications Specialist
- Academic Experience in Digital Filmmaking and Media Studies
- Professional Experience- varied Advertising, Marketing and Sales support assignments for brands across diverse industry verticals – Hospitality, e-Commerce, FMCG and Pharma. Key brands worked with were – Pfizer (Animal Healthcare Division), Hilton Hotels (Bengaluru), Park Hyatt (Hyderabad), Abbot India etc.
Ms. Sushmita Banda
Member of Faculty for Advertising & Digital Marketing
- Marketing and Brand Strategy Consultant with expertise in Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing, Market Research & Data Mining, Channel Partner Management etc.
- Managed Global Marketing Communication and Digital Marketing Projects for companies such as IT Convergence (Argentina) and Rang De
- Worked as a Production Assistant with Zee Entertainment Enterprises
The course prepares and allows students to explore various related disciplines before zeroing in on their choice of sub-specialization. A student with a right aptitude has the option of starting as a trainee and exploring an exciting career path in the field of Advertising as a copy writer, media buyer, media planner, qualitative researcher, strategist, account planner, account manager, online reputation manager, blogger, content producer (across all craft areas), digital marketer, creative director, creative producer, content writer, marketing analyst, client servicing executive, visualizer, graphic designer, visual designer, art directors and production artists etc. In Digital Marketing space they can look at eventually being a Digital Marketing Manager, Web Analytics Expert, Internet Copywriter, Web Marketing Specialist, Search Engine Optimizer, etc.
Of Course! Students are provided with many platforms, competitions, projects and assignments to undertake and participate in real-life and topical industry projects. The Internship program at the school is undertaken in a very structured fashion, with specific timelines, milestones and outcomes. The students are guided by full time faculty mentors in addition to industry mentors.
Annapurna College curriculum has been designed by Industry & Academic experts and is updated every two years keeping global, national and regional academic developments, and best practices in mind . The curriculum is a blend and balance of theory and practicals, enabling students to get a job or pursue higher education in India or abroad. Industry readiness is emphasized in addition to theoretical underpinnings in each of the taught course, in addition to getting the best of the industry professionals as adjunct faculty, visiting faculty and workshop faculty.
Annapurna College is a considered as one of the top-ranking colleges for Film and Media education. We provide students with the unique opportunity to study in a campus situated within one of the most advanced Film Studios of the country. This helps students gain experiences that would otherwise require a significant amount of time and effort. In addition to this, the College is able to leverage the experience, expertise and the network of Annapurna Studios and the Society Board to welcome Experts from the Industry who support the students through Master Classes and Workshops throughout the year. Traditional education has for long dictated the need to create isolated environments for hands-on learning that helps in understanding the concept(s). Education in the Media and Entertainment industry demands hands-on experience, Critical Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Abilities. Hence, it is imperative that the college needs to re-create environments that simulate the space that a Director, Producer, Editor, Script Writer, Cinematographer works in. This simulation takes time and effort, and significant investments in advanced equipment (hardware & software) that enables aspiring filmmakers to learn the art and craft of filmmaking. Students also get first hand feedback from industry experts and global academia via our association with CILECT. This exposure to international filmmaking fraternity is an invaluable opportunity for students & a learning experience that is at par with most global film schools. The students avail this advantage without having to pay high tuition fees for studying abroad. Added to this, students graduate from Annapurna College with a Degree Certificate awarded by JNAFAU. The investment students make at this early stage of their career gives them the required infrastructure and access to our large network of well-placed alumni – all of which define ‘unique advantage’ of Annapurna College.
The fact that the school is nestled inside a working film studio, students have access to state of art labs in the whole spectrum of film making, photography, animation and VFX departments. As advertising and digital marketing industries are often allied to/with content production and visual production industries, students directly or indirectly get taught not only select and conventional suite of applications and software like Adobe and InDesign but a whole gamut of other skills, tools and techniques from the field of film making, photography, animation and VFX departments.
Yes, students can join this course without any basic knowledge of the industry as the course curriculum covers the fundamentals of the subject in the 1st year. We look for students with high curiosity, self-discipline and most importantly passion for the subject. With these three important drivers, the school provides ample opportunities, platforms and contexts for faster learning and industry readiness.
We are associated with top notch companies like Arka Media Works, Wacked Out Media Pvt. Ltd, Tamada Media, Pocket Aces, Vuclip, PAD Agency, Asandwhen, Doo Creative and many others for placements and internships. As far as salaries are concerned, the actual salary depends on one’s performance and the projects done.
Annapurna College of Film and Media is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture and Fine Arts University (JNAFAU), Hyderabad. The Degree is given by JNAFAU, Hyderabad.
Eligibility: 12th Standard / 10+2 in any stream with minimum marks of 50%
Mandatory: Students are required to carry their portfolio of creative work during the Admission Interview
For further details regarding the Admission Process, Course Fees and Student Support for Financial Aid,
please call our Student Support Helpline: 1800-572-4736 or write to us at email@example.com